WI Transgender Health
We are a group of people, mostly transgender identified, who believe transgender people deserve high quality treatment and access to care in our community. Our mission is to build a coalition or group dedicated to improving the lives of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals in southcentral Wisconsin.
Our strategy is to amplify the voices of transgender and gender non-conforming community members in order to build supportive, inclusive community resources. We are doing this by:
- collecting data in transgender and gender non-conforming communities about their experiences and needs around community health and local resources
- initiating community dialogues to better understand the nuances of what is happening in trans* communities and how people are utilizing resources
- sharing this community-driven data with trans* community members, service providers, and organizations with the goal of informing future decision making about how to increase accessibility, to strengthen competency of services in the area, and increase the well-being of trans* communities
- gathering local individuals, providers, organizations, and others who want to meet the needs of trans and gender non-conforming folks by doing the work specified in the community needs assessment.
- developing sustainable infrastructure to carry this work into the future and continue the process of strategic interventions